I'm not going to do book reports or record articles here (or maybe at all). I want this to be more like a bibliography or maybe a sumary of what I'm doing that's not in the pictures. I expect this will change even as my picture albums have changed. I've also gotten a ham radio license, finished an HTML5 course on Udemy and started a Python language couse - also on Udemy. I've even started a page of stuff I want to read.
- Schneier, Bruce. Data and Goliath: The Hidden Battles to Collect Your Data and Control Your World. W. W. Norton & Company. Kindle Edition.
- Pratchett, Terry. The Color of Magic (Discworld Book 1) . HarperCollins. Kindle Edition.
- Pratchett, Terry. The Light Fantastic (Discworld Book 2) . HarperCollins. Kindle Edition.
- Pratchett, Terry. Equal Rites (Discworld Book 3). HarperCollins. Kindle Edition.
- Pratchett, Terry. Snuff: A Novel of Discworld. HarperCollins. Kindle Edition.
- Dawkins, Richard. The Selfish Gene: 30th Anniversary edition. OUP Oxford. Kindle Edition.
- Kurlansky, Mark. Salt: A World History. Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.
- Bryson, Bill. made in america: An Informal History of the English Language in the United States. HarperCollins. Kindle Edition.
- Weiss, Eben. The Ultimate Bicycle Owner's Manual: The Universal Guide to Bikes, Riding, and Everything for Beginner and Seasoned Cyclists. Hachette Books. Kindle Edition.
- ARRL Inc.. The ARRL Ham Radio License Manual. ARRL, the national association for Amateur Radio. Kindle Edition.
- Grant, Ulysses S.. Personal Memoirs of U.S. Grant: All Volumes. Vook, Inc.. Kindle Edition.
- Schulte, Patrick. Bumfuzzle - Just Out Looking For Pirates. Book Bums Publishing. Kindle Edition.
- Krebs, Brian. Spam Nation: The Inside Story of Organized Cybercrime-from Global Epidemic to Your Front Door. Sourcebooks. Kindle Edition.
- Lawson, Jenny. Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things . Flatiron Books. Kindle Edition.
- Michael, C.S.. Long Long Honeymoon - Living Large in a Small Tin Can: Advice for Airstream / RV Travelers. Walkabout Production Group. Kindle Edition.
- Vaidhyanathan, Siva. Copyrights and Copywrongs: The Rise of Intellectual Property and How it Threatens Creativity. NYU Press. Kindle Edition.
- Amir B. Aczel. Chance. This is a hardbound book I got from Amazon. may still have it somewhere.
- Gary Kildall. Computer Connections. This was his unpublished work. It may be in my Calibre library.
- Autobiography of Mark Twain. Mark Twain. Some huge, hardbound edition I got from Amazon.
- Thomas Stevens. Through Russia on a Mustang. This was softbound and may have come from Amazon. He's the guy who did the around the world trip on a bicycle starting in 1884 or something. Extrodinarily good.
I think It's interesting that I made a division based on what year it is rather than some milestone I've reached. I've kept track of books by year, for years. I think my list goes back to 2005 (probably some milestone that I don't remember prompted me to start doing it). Just going through my notes and making a bibliography has been pretty interesting.
- Harry Frankfurt, On Bullshit. Found at http://callingbullshit.org/readings/frankfurt1986bullshit.pdf
- Bryson, Bill. A Short History of Nearly Everything. HarperCollins. Kindle Edition.
- Pratchett, Terry. The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents. HarperCollins. Kindle Edition.
- Friedel and Andrew Grant. Bike Touring Survival Guide. This is an electronic book which i have in .pdf. I'm sure you can find it using the title and author on DuckDuckGO
- Bianculli, David. Dangerously Funny: The Uncensored Story of "The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour" . Touchstone. Kindle Edition.
- Pratchett, Terry. Mort (Discworld Book 4). HarperCollins. Kindle Edition.
- Pratchett, Terry. Sourcery (Discworld Book 5). HarperCollins. Kindle Edition.
- Pratchett, Terry. Wyrd Sisters (Discworld Book 6). HarperCollins. Kindle Edition.
- Adams, Richard. Watership Down . Puffin Books. Kindle Edition.
- O'Neil, Cathy. Weapons of Math Destruction: How Big Data Increases Inequality and Threatens Democracy (p. 10). Crown/Archetype. Kindle Edition.
- Pratchett, Terry. Pyramids (Discworld Book 7). HarperCollins. Kindle Edition.
- Pratchett, Terry. Guards! Guards! (Discworld Book 8). HarperCollins. Kindle Edition.
I more or less spaced on 2018, but I did read quite a bit.
- Crump, Barry. Wild Pork and Watercress
- BikeSnobNYC. Bike Snob Abroad:...
- Huff, Tanya. Summon the Keeper
- Thaler, Richard. Nudge: Improving Decisions about Health...
- Fraser, Georage MacDonald. The Complete Mcauslan
- Schneier, Bruce. Click Here To Kill Everybody
- Lem, Stanislaw. Tales of Prix the Pilot
- Petersen, Grant. Just Ride:...
- Pratchett, Terry. Reaper Man. HarperCollins. Kindle Edition.
- Pratchett, Terry. Moving Pictures. HarperCollins. Kindle Edition.
- Mann, Charles C. 1493: Uncovering the New World Columbus Created.
I'm going to start including a pointer the work in Worldcat if I can find one. I have most of these works so you can contact me if you can't find them.
Seems to me like I'm not reading as much as I used to, but I really am. I just spend too much time reading things that aren't books. I'm going to try to restore some balance.
I wrote this whole thing about reading books on the Kindle, PC, or paper quite some time ago and it's still here and in desparate need of updating.